Kevin Filkow chairs TLABC webinar on the Immediate Roadside Prohibition (“IRP”) regime
Kevin Filkow presented to members of the Trial Lawyers Association of BC on March 3, 2016. The informative webinar instructed lawyers on the Immediate Roadside Prohibition (“IRP”) regime. The topics covered were:
- Issues that determine whether a client should file for a review
- Challenging the admissibility of evidence
- Challenging the credibility and reliability of evidence
- Taking advantage of police mistakes
- Common mistakes that lawyers seem to be making
- The inside scoop on the workings of RoadSafetyBC and its policies
- The FST – how it works, why it was introduced and the basics of calibration testings
- New case law
- The remedial programs
The Immediate Roadside Prohibition regime is very different than how the system used to work. The process is different. The laws are different. The issues are different. The timelines are different. The decision makers are different. It has become a very specialized area.
Filkow Law is a leading BC law firm dealing with drinking and driving offences. If you receive an IRP – you have 7 days to dispute it. Contact us at 604-558-8778 to discuss.
March 3, 2016 By Filkow Law